NetPOWER.fr - Computer consulting and open source programming
Welcome to NetPOWER.fr
Providing information system consulting and opensource programming since 2013.
What's new ?
- 23 August 2015: Server maintenance. The "ProxyTimeout" directive is ignored by Apache < 2.4.8, and its bugfix isn't backported to httpd-2.4.6-31.el7. This drives me nuts with my logfiles and ActiveSync push, so I've decided to go SCL and install httpd-2.4.12-6.el7. This had a lot of incidence on all depending configuration and modules i needed to adapt. Resulting a bit more downtime than I usually like.
- 31 July 2015: Release of Osync v1.00a (just a re-release to fix a typo in the install script)
- 20 July 2015: After two years of (spare time) developpment, i'm proud to announce the release of Osync v1.00. This release aims to run on as many platforms as possible, and should be rock solid after many beta / RC phases.
- 19 July 2015: New version 6.4-3 of smartmontools-win with some mail sending corrections and a new regular email schedule.
- 06 May 2015: New version
6.4-16.4-2 of smartmontools-win is out.
- 28 March 2015: Moved my server from Gandi SAS to Krystal Hosting in UK who became a sponsor :) They have very nice infrastructure among with the almighty ZFS for backups.
- 06 March 2015: Minor update to smartmontools-win fixing some potential email issues
- 02 December 2014: Osync RC4 released with experimental partial download support (disabled by default) and lots of smaller improvements / fixes.
- 08 October 2014: Smartmontools-win package updated to v6.3-1 after a long beta period. This release fixes mail sending issues with gmail and updates to latest upstream release.
- 27 May 2014: Osync 0.99RC3 just freshly backed.
- 20 May 2014: New version of smartmontools-win package uploaded with small bugfixes.
- 19 May 2014: Today was founded NetPOWER Ci company, which beside my job as information system manager will ease me providing professional IT support for some of the projects i'm currently involved.
- 16 February 2014: Well well well... Time passes, and the projects don't get the time spent they deserve. I switched my job two months ago, and i am really busy at the moment. Nevertheless, i uploaded new Osync documentation as we really head towards a final release now. Stay, tuned, we're close to it.
- 18 November 2013: Some new exciting features for osync: It can run in file monitor mode now, which propagates changes as soon as a file gets modified. It also supports remote paths as SSH uri now. Also, some (very) basic tests have been performed on Mac OS X. The drawback is that these new features require some testings, si i'm guessing we're heading for a RC3.
- 02 November 2013: Obackup v1.84 RC3 and Osync 0.99 RC2 are out. They are now Windows compatible (via MSYS environment), but also work on FreeBSD. Unless there are some major issues, these are the last release candidates before final versions. Obackup will also get a Windows package i'm working on that can perform VSS snapshot backups to a remote linux server.
- 20 September 2013: Both Obackup and Osync got some minor bugfixes. We'll probably head for a last release candidate. I'm also trying to port Obackup to Windows using MSYS environment. This should also allow to run Obackup on a lot more of Unix like systems. Also, expect a small but usefull update on Smartmontools.
- 24 August 2013: Some minor updates for Obackup, Osync and Zsnap uploaded to Github after playing for a week with latest release candidates.
- 18 August 2013: It's summer, it's sunday,i got some beer, doctor who is playing the same episode on TV, time to update all my projects before chilling out.
- 18 August 2013: Osync v0.99 is now release candidate. Check it out.
- 18 August 2013: Obackup v1.84 is now release candidate 2. Tests are done every night on about 900GB of real world data since 2 months, running on 4 production systems. If you're using Obackup, please mail me for some statistics.
- 18 August 2013: Uploaded a new version of Smartmontools for windows package, v6.2-1. Thanks to all people that helped me on this one.
- 4 August 2013: New Osync beta on github. Till now, about 70000 files in 5000 directories for about 150GB of real world user data is synced every night. Sounds not much huh ? It's synced through an ADSL 1Mbps link... Also, a lot of test scenarios have been tried before. It's time to go public testing. If you're using osync, please mail me for statistics :)
Also have a look at my french (and sometimes english) blog badministrateur.com